- I created and still moderate our Facebook Group: Computer Information Systems @ Baruch College (CUNY)
- Founding Coordinator, Baruch Women in Tech
- Baruch College Faculty Senate (Vice Chair) and the Faculty Senate Executive Committee
- Baruch College Faculty Senate Committee on Academic Freedom and Responsibility (Chair)
- Baruch College Educational Technology Committee
- International Board of Directors, Polytechnic Institute Alumni Association of NYU Tandon School of Engineering, July 2016 - present.
Baruch College of the City University of New York
In my home college, I have served on many committees large and small. In addition, I served in the following positions (often with joy):
- Founding Coordinator of the Information Systems Specialization of the PhD in Business
- Founding Coordinator of the undergraduate minor in Information Technology and Social Responsibility
- Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Zicklin School of Business. 2010-2012
- Chair, Department of Statistics and Computer Information Systems. 1993-1998.
- Deputy Chair, Department of Statistics and Computer Information Systems [various dates]
Over the years, I have volunteered to a number of community organizations in a variety of ways, including housing individuals seeking medical treatment and refugees building new lives. Recently I have worked with several non-profits on governance - creating, revising and maintaining bylaws.
Some of these organizations and activities include:
- Young Israel Beth El of Borough Park. Activities include Women's Leadership Council; Chair, Constitution Committee. 2015-2016.
- Masbia Soup Kitchen Network, New York City, 2014-2015. Officer, Interim Board of Directors (Recording Secretary).
- Bais Yaakov of Brooklyn Mother's League
- Women's League Hospitality Committee
- Women's League Community Residences Neighborhood Advisory Board